Lately, I have been collecting some additional websites that offer even more uses for vinegar. Some of the new ways I learned about are listed below. I have not tried any of these ideas yet.
- Clean rust from tools, bolts and spigots
- Remove chewing gum from fabric
- Make splinters easier to remove
- Soak new propane lantern wicks in vinegar for several hours and let dry. They will burn longer and brighter.
- Prevent ice from forming on a car windshield overnight
- Clean a bumper sticker off your car
- Remove wall paper
There are loads of other ideas on these sites. While some uses of vinegar are common knowledge and repeated on these sites, many are different:
Vinegar is so inexpensive, it only makes sense to stock up. You can even try your hand at making your own! There are many different ways to make vinegar. You can see one way I made vinegar here.
Consider throwing out all those chemical cleaning supplies in your cabinet and replace them with vinegar!