- Freeze vinegar in ice cube trays and use them to clean your garbage disposal. You can even pour a little baking soda down the drain first. Add a few vinegar ice cubes, turn on the water and whirl away.
- Mix vinegar with some salt and use it to clean brass, copper, chrome or bronze. Rinse well. Use some in pots and pans to remove greasy food stuff and make them shine. Rinse well and dry.
- When cooking rice, add 1 tsp of vinegar to the water. It will make the rice fluffier.
- Instead of buying lye or chemicals to unclog a drain, try using some vinegar mixed with boiling water.
- Mix a few tablespoons of vinegar in a cup of warm water and use as a rinse for your hair, then rinse with water. Your hair will will be squeaky clean and soft!
- To keep cut flowers longer, add 2 tablespoons of vinegar and 2 tablespoons of sugar to the vase water.
- Need buttermilk for a recipe but don't have any? You can make it! Add a tablespoon of vinegar to a cup of milk. Wait 5 - 10 minutes and use in place of the buttermilk.
- You can deter ants from coming into your home by spraying the doorways, windows or anywhere else the ants are getting in. This is only temporary, but it will solve the problem until you have time to make a more permanent fix. (Diatomaceous earth is a safe, easy and effective way to permanently keep the ants out.)
If you liked this post, you may also like: