This meal is made in a similar way to the Beef Stroganoff I posted about here. While there are other Cheeseburger Helper recipes on the Internet, in our house we like it plain, so there isn't anything fancy in this dish. Here is the recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef (This recipe tastes just as good if you use home canned or dehydrated ground beef too.)
- 2 cups noodles (For this post, I used whole wheat noodles from the store.)
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups milk (this is a great way to use and rotate powdered milk - reconstitute the powdered milk before adding to the skillet pan.)
- 3/4 cup powdered cheddar cheese (I purchased mine a while ago, but I believe I ordered from here.)
- Garlic and onion powder to taste
When the cheese powder is mixed in, stir in the noodles. When the mixture comes to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook for approximately 10 minutes until the noodles are tender.
I stirred mine at about the half way point to make sure it wasn't burning.
When the noodles were done, I seasoned with garlic and onion powder. Then, I added a few handfuls of fresh cheddar cheese as a garnish on top.
Yum! Serve with green beans you canned from your garden and you have dinner!