Here is the list of ingredients:
- 8 cups of water
- 3 TBS minced onion or powdered onion (I grow my own onion and dry it for powder.)
- 2 TBS garlic powder (I grow my own garlic and dry it for powder.)
- 4 to 5 TBS chicken bullion or 4 to 5 chicken bullion cubes
- 1/2 cup butter (you can use powdered butter here but it will need about 1/8 cup oil and 1/8 cup shelf stable cream as well. I sometimes use butter that I make. You can see how to make your own butter here.)
- 2 1/2 cups instant potato flakes
Slowly add the instant potato flakes to the pan and stir. You may find that you need a little less than 2 1/2 cups. If you add them slowly, you can stop when the taste and texture is to your liking. We like it a little on the thick side so I add the entire amount.
There are many ways to combine all of these ingredients. If you are ever in a power outage, all you really need to do is heat the water and then combine all the ingredients together and stir until smooth. If you use chicken bullion cubes, you may need to get the water to boiling so the cubes will dissolve. I used bullion cubes this time, but lately I have been thinking I need to purchase some powdered bullion. If you are a fan of canning your own chicken stock, this is a perfect use for it!
Garnish with the toppings of your choice. For this meal, I used a package of combo cheeses from the store and parsley I grew myself.
Post a Comment
To help eliminate spam on this blog, your comment will be moderated.